The Perfect Time to Recycle
So what a great time of year to demonstrate our skills for recycling! Here are a few favorites from your friends at Keep Florida Beautiful:
- Send e-cards instead of traditional paper holiday cards.
- Use creative materials for wrapping presents such as scarves, bandannas, kitchen towels, etc.
- Invest in rechargeable batteries to go with electronic toys and gadgets.
- Use dried flowers or natural evergreens instead of ribbons and bows.
- Re-Gift a gift from last year that wasn’t your favorite. Just don’t get caught!
Recycle that tree or wreath on display in your house so it will be turned into useful mulch.
Many more good ideas and tips are offered by EPA at the Greening the Season website which can be found at: https://www.epa.gov/recycle