Keep Florida Beautiful places a high priority on recycling and works to educate people about the importance of following the three R’s…Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Aside from the obvious reason that finding smarter ways to handle waste greatly decreases the amount of litter encountered, there are many other reasons to follow these three simple guidelines.
We can help reduce the amount of waste we produce by making smart decisions about what we buy and how we get the most out of our purchases. We can also strive to reuse items and give them a second life rather than simply throwing things away.
Then when it’s finally time to throw something away, to recycle is the better option. Recycling is the process of collecting and processing materials that would otherwise be thrown away as trash and turning them into new products. Recycling can benefit your community and the environment.
Free Recycling Checklist
Our helpful checklist helps you learn about types of solid waste materials that can be recycled.
BENEFITS OF RECYCLING
- Reduces the Amount of Waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserves Natural Resources such as timber, water, and minerals
- Prevents Pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves Energy
- Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions that contribute to global climate change
- Helps Sustain the Environment for future generations
- Helps Create New Jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States
Did You Know?
In Florida, recycling is the responsibility of our county governments which must comply with a statutory goal to achieve a recycling rate of 75% by the year 2020.
This ambitious goal involves participation at all levels from the commercial and industrial sector all the way to individual citizens. It will truly take all of us to make this happen.
You Can Make A Difference
Find Your Affiliate
Engage in the beautification of your community.
Get The Checklist
Download our recycling checklist and stay informed.
Help us Keep Florida Beautiful.